[libvirt] [Libvirt][QEMU][HLFS]How to test HLFS driver for Libvirt

harryxiyou harryxiyou at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 17:00:21 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 12:05 AM, MORITA Kazutaka
<morita.kazutaka at gmail.com> wrote:
> At Mon, 28 Jan 2013 23:43:04 +0800,
> harryxiyou wrote:
>>
>> Following test is Libvirt v0.8.6, which you just add Sheepdog volume
>> patch to Libvirt.
>
> The version doesn't support Sheepdog storage pool and volume.  Please
> note that my patch you are looking at doesn't implements a sheepdog
> storage driver.  It only introduced a new schema (network disk) to the
> domain XML format.  Sheepdog storage driver is introduced by other
> developers and available since 0.9.13.

Hmmm..., thanks, i misunderstood :-/
Well, i will re-test Sheepdog driver in latest Libvirt version.
Therefore, i cannot find Sheepdog patch files in the latest Libvirt git tree,
which the patch is here.
http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=commitdiff;h=29bc4fe6460d80c2aca1b90e54faed1431efcfa7
I cannot find anyone modify the patch after Sheepdog pool/Volume
driver was patched but
there are no Sheepdog driver files in latest Libvirt git tree. Could
you please tell me their
locations? Thanks.

>> 1, $ ./libvirtd
>> 2, $ ./virsh vol-create -f sheepdog.xml
>> error: achieve pool  '-f' failure
>> error: can not find storage pool: no pool with matching name '-f'
>
> Please specify the pool name you created instead of '-f'.

That is to say, before i create Sheepdog volume, i have to create Sheepdog
pool. Right?

--
Thanks
Harry Wei