[libvirt] [Libvirt]Install Libvirt errors

Claudio Bley cbley at av-test.de
Thu Jan 31 08:19:26 UTC 2013

At Wed, 30 Jan 2013 11:52:19 -0700,
Eric Blake wrote:

> On 01/30/2013 08:47 AM, harryxiyou wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I did following steps to install Libvirt.
> >
> > 1, git clone git://libvirt.org/libvirt.git
> > 2, cd libvirt
> > 3, ./autogen.sh
> > 4, ./configure
> > 5, make
> > 6, sudo make install
> >
> > Therefore, after step 6, "sudo make install", i happened to some
> > errors, which you can find these errors by clicking following link.
> > http://paste.ubuntu.com/1589924/
>
> Pastebin links expire, making it harder to follow the conversation when
> revisiting the list archives in the future.  It is okay to paste the
> actual error into the message rather than making people chase through a
> link.
>

> > Could anyone give me some suggestions? Thanks in advance ;-)
>
> > [...]
> > /usr/bin//xsltproc: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libxslt.so.1)
> > /usr/bin//xsltproc: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libxslt.so.1)
> > /usr/bin//xsltproc: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libxslt.so.1)
> > /usr/bin//xsltproc: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libxslt.so.1)
> > /usr/bin//xsltproc: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libxslt.so.1)
> > /usr/bin//xsltproc: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libxslt.so.1)
> > /usr/bin//xsltproc: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libxslt.so.1)
> > /usr/bin//xsltproc: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libexslt.so.0)
> > /usr/bin//xsltproc: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libexslt.so.0)
> > /usr/bin//xsltproc: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libexslt.so.0)
> > /usr/bin//xmlcatalog: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/bin//xmlcatalog)
> > missing XHTML1 DTD
> > Generating drvphyp.html.tmp
>
> I'm not sure why your xsltproc is so noisy (it's probably a broken
> install that you ought to look into fixing), but that it outside the
> scope of the libvirt list.  Meanwhile, your problem is definitely
> related to the fact that you don't have enough developer tools
> installed, but you are trying to build from git, and therefore the html
> files aren't pre-built.  If you use the official libvirt 1.0.2 tarball
> (released today) instead of building from git, you would not have this
> problem.  Otherwise, it sounds like you need to install the proper DTD
> files for generating the html files

AFAIK, the DTD files are not required, they are just used to validate
the generated HTML files.

Apparently, xsltproc is broken since there's a mismatch with its
libraries. Why is xsltproc installed in /usr but the libraries in
/usr/local ?

Claudio
--
AV-Test GmbH, Henricistraße 20, 04155 Leipzig, Germany
Phone: +49 341 265 310 19

Eingetragen am / Registered at: Amtsgericht Stendal (HRB 114076)
Geschaeftsfuehrer (CEO): Andreas Marx, Guido Habicht, Maik Morgenstern