[libvirt] persistent virtual networks

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Thu Jan 31 15:42:17 UTC 2013

I seem to remember that, if you use net-define, the network will be
persistent and, if you use net-create, the network will not be persistent.

I am now running libvirt-1.0.2 on Fedora 18.

When I use net-define a network from a template and then do a net-list
--all, the network is NOT marked as persistent.  If I restart
libvirtd.service, then the defined networks are persistent.

I noticed that the libvirt-1.0.2 announcement included:
- network: bridge: Fix regression when defining persistent networks
(Peter Krempa)

Do I have a bug to report?

Gene