[libvirt] LXC: autostart feature does set all interfaces to state up.

Marius Tomaschewski mt at suse.de
Thu Jul 18 19:43:54 UTC 2013

Am 18.07.2013 17:02, schrieb Richard Weinberger:
> Am 18.07.2013 16:50, schrieb Jim Fehlig:
>> Richard,
>>
>> I think you should have cc'd the bug assignee when discussing this issue
>> upstream.  Adding him now...
>
> Oh, sorry for that!
> I thought I did so after pointing Marius to the thread in the mailing list archive,
> but obviously I forgot.

Hi!

This is a cleanup call (to stop dhcp-clients if any, remove state, ...)
triggered by the remove event from kernel.

IMO libvirt is missing an "udevadm settle" call between "remove foo; add
foo" -- the "add" and "link up" calls in libvirt are done before
udev finished the "remove" event processing.

Gruesse / Regards,
 Marius Tomaschewski <mt at suse.de>, <mt at suse.com>
--
 SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg),
 GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer,