[libvirt] [Solved]FYI//Re: [Qemu-devel] [Question] why x2apic's set by default without host support(on Nehalem CPU).

Peter Huang(Peng) peter.huangpeng at huawei.com
Wed Jul 24 02:54:57 UTC 2013

FYI, just for information sharing.

KVM emulated x2apic feature no matter host supports it or not.
You can get the code from arch/x86/kvm/cpuid.c.
kvm_dev_ioctl_get_supported_cpuid ()->do_cpuid_ent()

  /* we support x2apic emulation even if host does not support

                 * it since we emulate x2apic in software */

                entry->ecx |= F(*X2APIC*);

QEMU will get this feature through kvm_ioctl().