[libvirt] best way to provide disk storage for vm without shared storage system

Vasiliy Tolstov v.tolstov at selfip.ru
Wed Jul 3 13:31:44 UTC 2013

Hello. I'm very happy with libvirt and qemu, that great software!
(after some playing i want to create golang bindings to libvirt)..

Now i provide ext4 fs for qcow2 images (raid1 with two sata disks).
Now i don't need live migration (but may need it in feature).
What is the best way to provide disks to vm in case of performance,
ability to create backups (i don't want lvm snapshots)?

As i search from google more speed can take physical storage - lvm.
But may be QED or FVD can provide near lvm performance to me?

--
Vasiliy Tolstov,
e-mail: v.tolstov at selfip.ru
jabber: vase at selfip.ru