[libvirt] Entering freeze for libvirt-1.1.1

Jason Helfman jgh at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 25 15:02:04 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 9:11 PM, Daniel Veillard <veillard at redhat.com>wrote:

>  As planned I tagged the release candidate 1 for libvirt 1.1.1 in git,
> I also made tarball and rpms available on the ftp:
>
>   ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/
>
>  There is still some patches not completely ready after initial review
> it is probably safe to push the simplest ones, but not big sets now.
> Bug fixes are okay until final release obviously !
>
>  The release seems to work fine in my local testing (my fedora 19
> crashed when shutdown a window guest, but that sounds like a kernel
> problem). Goal is to release next tuesday,
>
>   please give it a try, and report problems :-)
>
>    thanks !
>
> Daniel

Configure failure on BSD when detecting libssh2. This is the first time I
have run into this. Has anything changed?

configure: error: You must install the libssh2 >= 1.3pkg-config module to
compile libvirt
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to jgh at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/home/jgh/workspace/ports/devel/libvirt/work/libvirt-1.1.1/config.log"
including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be
a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
(e.g. a /usr/local/sbin/pkg-static info -g -Ea).
*** [do-configure] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/jgh/workspace/ports/devel/libvirt.
*** [build] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/jgh/workspace/ports/devel/libvirt.
[jgh at hatter ~/workspace/ports/devel/libvirt]$ pkg info -l libssh2 |grep pc
    /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/libssh2.pc

-jgh

--
Jason Helfman          | FreeBSD Committer
jgh at FreeBSD.org     | http://people.freebsd.org/~jgh  | The Power to Serve