[libvirt] Linking fails on FreeBSD

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Jul 29 07:38:00 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 12:12:29AM -0700, Jason Helfman wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 11:38 PM, Daniel Veillard <veillard at redhat.com>wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 10:30:15AM +0400, Roman Bogorodskiy wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Linking fails on FreeBSD:
> > >
> > >   CCLD     libvirt.la
> > >   /usr/bin/ld: ./.libs/libvirt_util.a(libvirt_util_la-vircgroup.o):
> > >   relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against `virCgroupPartitionEscape' can not be
> > >   used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
> > >   /usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
> > >
> > > Following the suggestion and re-compiling with -fPIC doesn't help.
> > > Anybody has an idea how to fix that?
> >
> >   using 1.1.1-rc1, rc2 or git ?
> >
> > rc2
>
> http://meatwad.mouf.net/rubick/poudriere/logs/bulk/91amd64-default/2013-07-29_07h05m51s/logs/errors/libvirt-1.1.1.log

  I see

  CC       libvirt_util_la-virdbus.lo
util/vircgroup.c:70: warning: 'virCgroupPartitionEscape' used but never
defined

 I guess that's where the problem comes from,

on line 70 I see:
static int virCgroupPartitionEscape(char **path);

it is then used in virCgroupValidateMachineGroup line 112

but defined in a block surrounded by

#if defined HAVE_MNTENT_H && defined HAVE_GETMNTENT_R

because it uses virCgroupPartitionNeedsEscaping() which is in that block

 I smell that some reformating is needed to really get rid of this issue
 in 1.1.1 ...

veillard at redhat.com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/