[libvirt] Libvirt : Bootstrap fails for local gnulib

chandrashekar shastri cshastri at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jun 26 09:12:33 UTC 2013

Hi All,

The Libvirt compliation fails to bootstarp for local gnulib. We do not
have outbound access for the test machines.
So, we ll pull the gnulib from and copy to the test machines.

When we run ./bootstrap --no-git  --gnulib-srcdir=/path/to/local, below
is the error:

./bootstrap: Bootstrapping from checked-out libvirt sources...
./bootstrap: consider installing git-merge-changelog from gnulib
./bootstrap: getting gnulib files...
fatal: Needed a single revision
Unable to find current revision in submodule path '.gnulib'

If we run autogen.sh it tries to pull from git though the $GNULIB_SRCDIR
is exported with the local gnulib.

./autogen.sh '--no-git'
I am going to run ./configure with no arguments - if you wish
to pass any to it, please specify them on the ./autogen.sh command line.
running bootstrap --no-git...
./bootstrap: Bootstrapping from checked-out libvirt sources...
./bootstrap: consider installing git-merge-changelog from gnulib
./bootstrap: getting gnulib files...
fatal: Unable to look up git.sv.gnu.org (port 9418) (Name or service not
known)
Unable to fetch in submodule path '.gnulib'
Failed to bootstrap, please investigate.

Please provide us the workaround for the same.

Thanks,
Chandrashekar