[libvirt] [libvirt-designer 1/2] Fix libvirt caps -> libosinfo platform short id mapping

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Tue Mar 19 16:07:50 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 03:58:18PM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> Perhaps we should be following the approach we use for detecting
> ISOs, and match against actual product release strings. Libvirt
> doesn't expose such info, but we could add an API to expose the
> full product string and/or version string.

Sounds like a good idea. Another way would be for libosinfo to
expose some platform_name and platform_version strings with well defined
formats, this would allow for the matching to less magic.
This is more magic than what you suggest, but has the advantage of not
requiring libvirt changes. I might give a try to the regex match approach
you suggest.

Christophe