[libvirt] Release of libvirt-1.0.5

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu May 2 14:24:57 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 03:14:32PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 10:08:11PM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> > > The release tarball lacks python/sanitycheck.py (rc1) and I couldn't
> > > figure out why.  Make dist in git adds it to the tarball. So this looks
> > > like a problem with tarball generation on your machine? This breaks
> > > running "make check".
> >
> >   python/sanitycheck.py is indeed not in the tarball, no idea why
> >
> > thinkpad:~/libvirt -> grep EXTRA_DIST python/Makefile.am
> > EXTRA_DIST =		\
> > EXTRA_DIST += sanitytest.py
> > thinkpad:~/libvirt ->
> >
> >   make check which is part of 'make rpm' internal %check passed
> > and the python rpms were generated. So i'm not sure the issue is
> > really that big.
>
> Could your initial 'make dist' have been done in a libvirt checkout
> which did not have python enabled. That's the only way I see it could
> have not got into the dist. We should fix the python Makefile.am to
> set EXTRA_DIST outside the if HAVE_PTYHON conditional anyway.

  Well I came to the same conclusion but could not understand why,
I do have python and all the devel stuff on that box, it built the
python rpm, etc... fine, i have really no warning.
  I may have tweaked something at some point as i was porting all the
python scripts to python3 for libxml2 last month, but the setup on my
Fedora17 machine is really based on python2, i'm a bit puzzled...

  Agreed the EXTRA_DIST += sanitytest.py ought to go outside the
HAVE_PYTHON conditional, I would even argue this should go to
the initial set of files.

veillard at redhat.com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/