[libvirt] [libvirt-glib 2/3] gconfig: Add GVirConfigDomainSnapshotDisk getters/setters

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Thu May 2 20:40:56 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 6:36 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 06:22:14PM +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
>> > +
>> > +
>> > +const char *gvir_config_domain_snapshot_disk_get_driver_type(GVirConfigDomainSnapshotDisk *disk)
>>
>> Shouldn't 'driver_type' be an enum?
>
> libvirt is storing it internally as a string, see
> http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=blob;f=src/conf/snapshot_conf.c;h=5b54a28a596aef0bb883dfe12ca5c2f300a48999;hb=HEAD#l130
> libvirt-gconfig generally follows what libvirt does when it comes to
> choosing between strings and enums.

I don't think that is true cause I see examples of enum setter/getters
that translate to strings in libvirt xml. e.g GVirConfigDomainOsType,
GVirConfigDomainOsSmBiosMode and GVirConfigDomainOsBootDevice.

If we go with string option, I suggest we provide #defines for known
values and document here that these can be used. Which in the end is
not very diff from using enums from app POV.

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124