[libvirt] latency between LIFECYCLE event and notification generation

nishant burte nishantburte at gmail.com
Tue May 14 06:26:48 UTC 2013

Thanks Eric and Daniel for the response.
For the 2nd question, let me elaborate more.

> 2. Second question is, can someone please explain what are the sequence of
> steps happen between a VM going down and the notification is generated?

Lets say, the VM crashed. The question is, how does qemu (or hyperviser )
come to know about it? and how does it generate notification?

e.g. I am looking for explanation something on following lines.
VM pings hyperviser periodically, when it is UP. When these heartbeats
stop, hyperviser detects VM has gone down and then it sends the
notification to libvirt.

Could you please give sequence of events on similar lines as given above?

Thanks
Nishant