[libvirt] armv8 architecture support

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue May 14 09:49:43 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 10:43:31AM +0530, prakash b wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> Is libvirt support armv8 architecture.

I've tested compilation of libvirt on armv7 at least. I don't know if
there are any problems that would affect armv8 though, since I don't
have such an env to test on. If there are compile problems, they'd
likely be quite easy to fix, so if you find any please let us know.

As to what hypervisors actually work on arm, that's a different
question. We know that the QEMU driver is not capable of correctl
starting ARM QEMU/KVM guests currently. LXC would probably work
without problems.