[libvirt] Libvirt, nwfilter, openvswitch

Jan De Landtsheer jan.delandtsheer at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 13:18:49 UTC 2013

Hi Gang, Daniel

Added a little  Script, linked to
/etc/libvirt/qemu<https://github.com/PurePeople/archipv6/blob/master/qemu.py>
be able to add some flows to my openvswitch. Script ran to my liking
(IANAP), and then adding it to /etc/libvirt/hooks... Hang.
Only after a lot of looking around (in the last lines of the Hooks page),
aha! Don't do this! don't call libvirt in your hook script...
:-(

What I want: the vnets and their mac addresses for the started VM,
otherwise there wouldn't be a need for any of this script, but yeah...
nope...
Is there _any_ way I can get the vnet list for the star{t,ted) vm with the
corresponding mac address of the tap interface ?
I figure that the only way to know the mac addr of the VM would be to query
libvirt, so I'm at a loss here.

Note, of course, this script ran perfectly from command line, until it went
into /etc/libvirt/hooks/qemu ;-) da-mn!
Can this eventually be called from somewhere else?
Since libvirt has everything figured out in the 'start' stage, can't I
receive more than just 4 parameters ?

Any ideas?

;-)

Greetz