[libvirt] GlusterFS with libvirt

Michal Novotny minovotn at redhat.com
Fri Nov 29 15:18:00 UTC 2013

Hi Umar,
I see you're using the libvirt-php bindings. That way you might be
interested in one project I wrote and I'm spending some of my spare time
rewriting it to better design (some of the rewritten components are part
of "rewrite-0.1" branch but not everything) and I'm also designing an
Android application (called virtDroid using the XML-RPC of the rewritten
version - it's not on git yet though as it's not finished even in it's
basic version yet).

The project is called php-virt-control and it's PHP-based Virtual
Controller using libvirt-php. It's open-source and available at:

http://www.php-virt-control.org/

Michal

On 11/29/2013 01:50 PM, Umar Draz wrote:
> HI Daniel,
>
> I am already using this ridiculous fuse, and Waiting the patch of
> native GlusterFS.
>
> BTW: here is my newly developed app for libvirt which support both LVM
> and dir.
>
> https://github.com/umardraz/virtspace/blog/master/README.md
>
> Br.
>
> Umar
>

> On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Daniel Berteaud
> <daniel at firewall-services.com <mailto:daniel at firewall-services.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     Le 28/11/2013 13:55, Umar Draz a écrit :
>
>         Hi All,
>
>         Is any body help me how I can integrate libvirt with glusterfs
>         on Ubuntu 13.10 Server.
>
>         I tried the following, but its not working.
>
>         qemu-img: Unknown protocol 'gluster://localhost/gv1/test.img'
>

>     Looks like native GlusterFS storage pool will be available shortly
>     (looks all the recent patches about this). Waiting for this, you
>     can always use the fuse client.
>
>     Just mount your GlusterFS anywhere on your host (with the fuse
>     client), and define a simple "dir" pool on top of that. This is
>     what I use on CentOS 6
>
>     Regards, Daniel
>

>     --
>     Daniel Berteaud
>     FIREWALL-SERVICES SARL.
>     Société de Services en Logiciels Libres
>     Technopôle Montesquieu
>     33650 MARTILLAC
>     Tel : 05 56 64 15 32
>     Fax : 05 56 64 15 32
>     Web : http://www.firewall-services.com
>

>     --
>

> --
> Umar Draz
> Network Architect
>

> --

Michal Novotny <minovotn at redhat.com>, RHCE, Red Hat
Virtualization | libvirt-php bindings | php-virt-control.org