[libvirt] libvirt-glib fails to compile with CLANG compiler

Jason Helfman jgh at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 1 20:05:33 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 8:46 AM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange at redhat.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 08:35:41AM -0700, Jason Helfman wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 3:17 AM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com
> >wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,

> cfergeau at redhat.com
> error.

> see

> > > Rereading that  log more carefully, it's complaining about a missing
> symbol
> > > in the installed libvirt.so, not in one of the .so that was just
> built. Are
> > > other applications able to link against libvirt? Was libvirt compiled
> with
> > > clang or gcc?
> > >
> > > Christophe
> > >

> > That is odd. I de-installed libvirt, and re-installed it. After this
> > libvirt-glib compiled with CLANG, and didn't result in any failure.
> > Many warnings, but good to know it does compile.
>
> Hmm, I don't see any warnings at all, compiling with CLang on Linux.
> Please let us know what you're seeing on BSD ?
>
> Daniel

Here are some build logs. The first is for amd64, and the latter is for
i386.

https://redports.org/~jgh/20131001181900-6317-149023/libvirt-glib-0.1.7.log
https://redports.org/~jgh/20131001181900-6317-149026/libvirt-glib-0.1.7.log

-jgh

--
Jason Helfman          | FreeBSD Committer
jgh at FreeBSD.org     | http://people.freebsd.org/~jgh  | The Power to Serve