[libvirt] [libvirt-users] Is virsh blockcommit supported? Thanks a lot

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Sep 4 01:34:12 UTC 2013

On 09/03/2013 06:56 PM, Guozhonghua wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have another question, when I do the blockcommit command and get the result " Top image as the active layer is currently unsupported ", is it being developed?
> root at cvk-31:/vms/images# virsh blockcommit Vmtest /vms/images/Vmtest1;echo $?
> error: internal error unable to execute QEMU command 'block-commit': Top image as the active layer is currently unsupported

Yes, patches have been proposed to upstream qemu for that feature, but
they missed 1.6, so you will have to wait for qemu 1.7.  There may also
be some integration efforts that require tweaks to libvirt to take
advantage of the qemu feature (the libvirt API was designed to work as
soon as qemu added support, but we haven't yet proven whether our plans
work out as nicely as we hope).