[libvirt] [libvirt-php] bug in libvirt_domain_change_vcpus()

Michal Novotny minovotn at redhat.com
Mon Sep 9 16:51:54 UTC 2013

Hi Olivier,
this is not really a bug as it's intended. The
libvirt_domain_change_vcpus() is not the same as (yet unimplemented)
virDomainSetVcpus() API so it's not bug. I realize that naming could be
a little confusing so if you like, feel free to rename
libvirt_domain_change_vcpus() to libvirt_domain_xml_change_vcpus() as
this API should be used to change number of vCPUS in the domain XML
itself and implement libvirt_domain_set_vcpus() calling real
virDomainSetVcpus() API function.

Thanks,
Michal

On 09/09/2013 06:03 PM, Olivier Doucet wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I think there is a bug in the current implementation of function
> libvirt_domain_change_vcpu().
> When using this function (with second parameter = 2), I have the
> following error :
>
> Error setting maxvcpus=2: (domain_definition):8: Specification mandate
> value for attribute curre
>   <vcpu>2</vcpu>
> --^
>

> If I'm right, the equivalent with 'virsh' binary is 'setvcpus', and
> this is working.
>
> If I look into source code
> (http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt-php.git;a=blob;f=src/libvirt-php.c;h=7ce2d01e464f4bd4921b464022ca105bcb4bde88;hb=HEAD#l4199)
> it seems this operation is done by rewriting the whole XML.
>
> I think we should use instead C function virDomainSetVcpus
> http://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt.html#virDomainSetVcpus
>

> What do you think ?
>
> Olivier
>
> --

Michal Novotny <minovotn at redhat.com>, RHCE, Red Hat
Virtualization | libvirt-php bindings | php-virt-control.org