[libvirt] Release of libvirt-java-0.5.0

Jason Helfman jgh at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 16 22:19:32 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 2:51 AM, Daniel Veillard <veillard at redhat.com>wrote:

>   With a bit of delay, the release needed by Wido is finally available,
> it is tagged in git and I have pushed tarball, jar and rpms to the FTP:
>
>    ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/java/
>
> Wido maybe you can push to Maven, I'm unsure how to do this and last
> time I tried I made a mess :-)
>
> I bumped the intermediate release number as this release includes
> more improvements and fixes than the previous ones and deprecates a
> couple of things:

Any ideas with this build issue for FreeBSD update of libvirt-java? I do
have jna (jna-3.2.7_1) installed.

build:
    [javac] Compiling 64 source files to
/usr/home/helfman/workspace/ports/devel/libvirt-java/work/libvirt-java-0.5.0/target/classes
    [javac]
/usr/home/helfman/workspace/ports/devel/libvirt-java/work/libvirt-java-0.5.0/src/main/java/org/libvirt/Library.java:41:
cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method free(long)
    [javac] location: class com.sun.jna.Native
    [javac]         Native.free(Pointer.nativeValue(ptr));
    [javac]               ^
    [javac] 1 error

-jgh

--
Jason Helfman          | FreeBSD Committer
jgh at FreeBSD.org     | http://people.freebsd.org/~jgh  | The Power to Serve