[libvirt] [Libvirt-announce] Entering freeze for libvirt-1.1.3

Doug Goldstein cardoe at gentoo.org
Thu Sep 26 18:13:35 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 3:59 AM, Justin Clift <jclift at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 26/09/2013, at 6:30 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> <snip>
>> I will probably make rc2 during the w.e. and depending on news push on
>> Tuesday next week or a bit later the final 1.1.3
>

> Compiles ok on MacOS 10.7.  virsh starts ok too.
>
> One weirdness noted from inside virsh (not connected to a
> hypervisor):
>
>   virsh # version
>   error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
>   error: no valid connection
>   error: Failed to find user record for uid '32766'
>
> Not sure what the "32766" comes from, since that's not the id of
> my user:
>
>   uid=501(jc) gid=20(staff) groups=20(staff)
>
> Doesn't seem like a blocker though.
>
> + Justin
>
> --
> Open Source and Standards @ Red Hat
>
> twitter.com/realjustinclift
>
> --

Justin,

This was the error I brought up on the ML with the 1.1.2 release. I
still haven't had a chance to get to the bottom of it. The issue stems
from the fact that we're getting back bad socket credentials. I've
submitted a patch to catch this case that needs review:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2013-September/msg01403.html

--
Doug Goldstein