[libvirt] test failure on rawhide

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Sep 3 16:44:57 UTC 2013

On 09/03/2013 05:00 AM, Laine Stump wrote:
> On 08/30/2013 11:26 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
>> Just noticed this on latest rawhide (Fedora 21):
>>
>> Looks like the bug might not be libvirt's fault (as the assertion
>> failure is not in our source file), but I'm out of time to investigate
>> further today.
>>

>> $ VIR_TEST_DEBUG=1 ./virdrivermoduletest
>> TEST: virdrivermoduletest
>>  1) Test driver "network"                                             ... OK
>>  2) Test driver "storage"                                             ... OK
>>  3) Test driver "nodedev"                                             ... OK
>>  4) Test driver "secret"                                              ... OK
>>  5) Test driver "nwfilter"                                            ... OK
>>  6) Test driver "interface"
>> ... lt-virdrivermoduletest: route/tc.c:973: rtnl_tc_register: Assertion
>> `0' failed.
>
> During the switch from libnl-1 to libnl-3, a similar (the same?) error
> meant that version of libnl used for the netcf build didn't match the
> version used for the libvirt build. That should be a thing of the
> distant past now though...

This particular rawhide VM of mine has been incrementally updated since
at least F15 days, which predates the libnl switch; I also noticed that
I had libnl-devel but NOT libnl3-devel installed.  I cleaned out the
incremental stuff, installed libnl3-devel, and a build from scratch
succeeded.  So suspicions confirmed, and fixing my environment fixed the
problem.

But it DOES point out that maybe configure should try harder to die up
front if mismatch is detected (ie. the wrong libnl-devel is installed) -
I'll uninstall libnl3-devel, and play with it a bit more, before calling
this thread done.