[libvirt] [Spice-devel] [virt-tools-list] More on virt-viewer for windows

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Sep 18 14:24:26 UTC 2013

On 09/18/2013 08:19 AM, Fernando Lozano wrote:
> Hi,
>>> I do builds when releasing new virt-viewer versions, and I use the latest
>>> stable Fedora available at that time. We've not done any virt-viewer
>>> release since F19 came out.
>>>
>>> There's no reason why I couldn't do bug fix re-builds of the installer
>>> though at any time if deemed neccessary.
>> It would be nice to do a bug fix rebuild as soon as 0.10.2.8 is
>> released, as that would pick up the patch for mingw refusing to create
>> sockets, and hopefully get people a lot further at actually being able
>> to use virsh on mingw.
> I got confused by those release numbers: if Fedora has libvirt 1.0.5.x
> why should the next windows build use older 0.10.2.8? I though
> development were being done only on the latest releases.

Since Dan builds from Fedora, he gets whatever version is in the Fedora
side that he builds from.  Fedora 18 is on the 0.10.2.x series, with
0.10.2.8 due soon; Fedora 19 is on the 1.0.5.x branch, with 1.0.5.6 due
soon.  Since the original build was from F18 and Dan didn't build
anything from F19 yet, it may be faster to do the refresh from Fedora 18
than to figure out whether Fedora 19 is even buildable for mingw.  Or,
if he builds from the (still-in-beta) Fedora 20, you'd get a build based
off of 1.1.2.

Development happens upstream, but we DO backport patches to the stable
release branches that Fedora uses.