[libvirt] KVM connection issue

Vikas Kokare vikaskokare at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 09:09:33 UTC 2014

We are using Libvirt Java API version 0.5.0 to connect RHEL 5 KVM, and
fetch KVM environment attributes. While doing it, we are seeing the
following exception:

*this function is not supported by the connection driver:
qemuGetSchedulerTypeStack trace:
org.libvirt.ErrorHandler.processError(Unknown Source)
org.libvirt.Connect.processError(Unknown Source)
org.libvirt.Domain.processError(Unknown Source)
org.libvirt.Domain.getSchedulerType(Unknown Source)*

The machine that is running the Java code to connect to the KVM is also
RHEL 5. Is this related to certain libvirt version mismatch or something
not supported?

-Vikas