[libvirt] Entering freeze for libvirt-1.2.4

Jiri Denemark jdenemar at redhat.com
Tue Apr 29 07:42:47 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 19:14:02 +0200, Guido Günther wrote:
> Hi,
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 03:38:40PM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >   As planned on Friday, I tagged the tree earlier today for Release
> > Candidate 1, the tarball and rpms are available from the usual place:
> >
> >   ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/
> >
> >  Seems to work fine in my limited testing, but distcheck failed
> > with xsltproc being unable to access ../../ . I don't think anything
> > changed there on my side so it smells like a new problem.
> >
> >   Otherwise looks good to me so far, with a bit of luck we can push
> > 1.2.4 end of Friday or sometime next week-end,
>
> I'm currently seeing some test failures on i386 Debian wheezy:
>
> virstoragetest
>
> 97) Chain lookup 27 ... index: expected 0, got 4294967295 FAILED

Yeah, our virStrToLong_* APIs are not doing a very good job here. The
problem is that virStrToLong_ui happily parses -1 as 4294967295 on
systems where sizeof(unsigned long) == sizeof(unsigned int). I'm not
sure what's the best solution for this. Should we parse the string with
strtoull instead of strtoul to make it a little bit better since
unsigned long long will always be bigger than unsigned int? Anyway, I
hate strtou* for silently parsing negative numbers.

Jirka