[libvirt] Plan for the next release

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Aug 26 22:07:33 UTC 2014

On 08/25/2014 06:34 AM, Peter Krempa wrote:
> On 08/20/14 13:26, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>>   We already have a number of commits in, over 150, I can't freeze next
>> monday but I could do this next Tuesday (the 26) for a planned release
>> around Sep 1st,
>>
>>   So unless there is a good reason to change this, that's the plan :)
>
> Well there are a few new API designs either posted or in progress which
> we'd like to get into this release, so we'd appreciate a day or two
> extra to finish stuff up.

I think all the new APIs are in, although I'm still hoping for a tweak
to virDomainOpenGraphicsFD:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2014-August/msg01281.html

Let's get a decision on that patch, and then we'll be ready to cut rc1
with a stable libvirt_public.syms, although there are still a number of
back-logged patches related to actually implementing those APIs.