[libvirt] run qemu-agent-command via binding (ruby/python/php)

Vasiliy Tolstov v.tolstov at selfip.ru
Thu Aug 28 13:43:01 UTC 2014

> On 08/28/2014 07:12 AM, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
>> Hi! Does it possible(featured, planned) to run some qemu-agent-command
>> via libvirt binding (i'm interesting on ruby and php).?
>
> I'm not sure the time-schedule of the ruby and php bindings maintainers,
> but ideally, ALL libvirt API should eventually have exposure in each
> language binding.
>
>> I'm understand that i can connect via socket and run it, but it very
>> usable to get this ability inside binding.
>
> In the meantime, if you can fork out to a shell, you can use 'virsh'
> from within your language of choice to drive the bindings.
>
> Also, it might help to say WHAT you hope to do with qemu-agent-command -
> that is an explicitly unsupported interface, and if you find yourself
> having to use it, it means we have a hole in libvirt proper, where we
> should expose a supported API to get at the same task without going
> through the backdoor.  (As past examples, we added virDomainSetTime
> because people were previously having to use the agent's back door.)

Thanks. I want to use backdoor =) Now i'm need to get memory stats
from guest (free memory, used swap) and rewrite 50% of qemu-ga in
golang.
And feature plans is add ability to get,set,del ip addresses and
routes inside virtual machine.
In very long feature may be i want to create some control panel
backend that works via virtio-serial.
Why not add ability to send some json via libvirt api function and get results ?

--
Vasiliy Tolstov,
e-mail: v.tolstov at selfip.ru
jabber: vase at selfip.ru