[libvirt] Lifecycle events during reboot for KVM and Xen

Thomas Bechtold thomasbechtold at jpberlin.de
Fri Aug 8 17:47:56 UTC 2014

On 08/08/2014 06:54 PM, Jim Fehlig wrote:
> 1. Remove emitting the events from Xen drivers
> 2. Add the events to qemu driver and fix nova

Just for the record: I already proposed a patch[1] for Nova to get some
comments from Nova folks. The patch basically delays the Nova stop API
call a couple of seconds. If a VIR_DOMAIN_EVENT_STARTED is received
during the wait period, the stop API call is canceled and the VM can
start. But I think solution 3) would be better.

> 3. Add VIR_DOMAIN_EVENT_REBOOTED, adapt drivers to use it, and fix nova

As mentioned, I think that would be nice to have.

Best

Tom

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/112946/