Re: [libvirt] Lifecycle events during reboot for KVM and Xen

On 08/08/2014 06:54 PM, Jim Fehlig wrote:
1. Remove emitting the events from Xen drivers
2. Add the events to qemu driver and fix nova

Just for the record: I already proposed a patch[1] for Nova to get some comments from Nova folks. The patch basically delays the Nova stop API call a couple of seconds. If a VIR_DOMAIN_EVENT_STARTED is received during the wait period, the stop API call is canceled and the VM can start. But I think solution 3) would be better.

3. Add VIR_DOMAIN_EVENT_REBOOTED, adapt drivers to use it, and fix nova

As mentioned, I think that would be nice to have.

Best

Tom

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/112946/