[libvirt] pvspinlock not accepted by libvirt

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu Aug 21 21:46:38 UTC 2014

On 08/21/2014 03:40 PM, bancfc at openmailbox.org wrote:
> Hello, I have been experimenting with the various options to squeeze out
> the last bit of performance gains so I added the <pvspinlock/> feature
> to my machines. However when saving the xml, libvirt complains and
> refuses to accept this tag. AFAIK this is a feature that can be used by
> KVM too. My guests are Linux of course. So what am I doing wrong here?

Help us help you:  Are you sure your XML has the correct syntax? Can you
paste the actual XML you tried and the actual error message you got?
What version of libvirt are you using?

http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsFeatures mentions that
pvspinlock exists, but failed to document what version of libvirt added
support for it, so maybe we should patch the docs to be more useful.
That would be an easy patch for a beginner (add a "since" <span> tag to
docs/formatdomain.html.in), would you like to take a stab at it?