[libvirt] run qemu-agent-command via binding (ruby/python/php)

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu Aug 28 13:34:08 UTC 2014

On 08/28/2014 07:12 AM, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> Hi! Does it possible(featured, planned) to run some qemu-agent-command
> via libvirt binding (i'm interesting on ruby and php).?

I'm not sure the time-schedule of the ruby and php bindings maintainers,
but ideally, ALL libvirt API should eventually have exposure in each
language binding.

> I'm understand that i can connect via socket and run it, but it very
> usable to get this ability inside binding.

In the meantime, if you can fork out to a shell, you can use 'virsh'
from within your language of choice to drive the bindings.

Also, it might help to say WHAT you hope to do with qemu-agent-command -
that is an explicitly unsupported interface, and if you find yourself
having to use it, it means we have a hole in libvirt proper, where we
should expose a supported API to get at the same task without going
through the backdoor.  (As past examples, we added virDomainSetTime
because people were previously having to use the agent's back door.)