[libvirt] ANNOUNCE: libguestfs 1.26 released

Jason Helfman jgh at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 9 17:10:19 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>
wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce libguestfs 1.26, a library and set of tools
> for accessing and modifying virtual machine disk images.  This release
> took more than 6 months of work by a considerable number of people,
> and has many new features (see release notes below).
>
> You can get libguestfs 1.26 here:
>
> Main website:     http://libguestfs.org/
>
>       Source:     http://libguestfs.org/download/1.26-stable/
>                   You will also need latest supermin from here:
>                   http://libguestfs.org/download/supermin/

Hello All,

Is there any particular reason that you think this would not run on FreeBSD?
Any Linux-isms that are just not available on FreeBSD?

I noticed this announcement [1] awhile ago, that mentioned febootstrap as a
requirement,
however we don't have this for FreeBSD. However, we do have debootstrap
[2]. Debian is listed
in the announcement [1], so thought that it could work with debootstrap,
but wanted inquire about
any gotchas or experiences before diving in and seeing for myself.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/libguestfs/2011-March/msg00098.html
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/Debootstrap

Thanks for your time!
Jason

--
Jason Helfman          | FreeBSD Committer
jgh at FreeBSD.org     | http://people.freebsd.org/~jgh  | The Power to Serve