[libvirt] Is it possible to set a timeout to the Connection class?

Claudio Bley cbley at av-test.de
Wed Feb 19 12:55:14 UTC 2014

[please, don't top-post on technical lists and keep the conversation on list]

At Wed, 19 Feb 2014 11:59:29 +0100,
Pasquale Dir wrote:

> Thank you I didn't think about the Future, I'll try it and if it doesn't
> work I'll just try to edit the tcp connection timeout file.
> Can you answer me to the other question too, please?
>
> << what new apis are you talking about? I am doing migration by executing
> the Domain.migrate function in a separate thread and obtaining progress by
> DomainJobInfo class. Did you introduce some new api who automatically does
> this? I can't find it here http://libvirt.org/sources/java/javadoc/ >>

Eric was talking about the block-pull API functions, like
virDomainBlockPull[1] which was added to libvirt in version 0.9.4.

These functions have not been wrapped in libvirt-java, yet. (Patches welcome!)

As Eric pointed out, there is curently no equivalent async _migration_
function in libvirt.

Claudio

[1]: http://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt.html#virDomainBlockPull