[libvirt] Looking for project ideas and mentors for Google Summer of Code 2014

Stefan Hajnoczi stefanha at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 07:45:43 UTC 2014

KVM & libvirt: you are welcome to join the QEMU umbrella organization
like last year.

What is GSoC?
Google Summer of Code 2014 (GSoC) provides funding for students to
work on open source projects for 12-weeks over the summer.  Open
source organizations apply to participate and those accepted receive
funding for one or more students.

How we are participating
QEMU has participated, together with KVM and libvirt, in past years
and I would like to continue that tradition this year.

We now need to collect a list of project ideas on our wiki.  We also
need mentors to volunteer.

http://qemu-project.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2014

Project ideas
Please post project ideas on the wiki page below.  Project ideas
should be suitable as a 12-week project that a student fluent in
C/Python/etc can complete.  No prior knowledge of QEMU/KVM/libvirt
internals can be assumed.

http://qemu-project.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2014

Mentors
Please add your name to project ideas you are willing to mentor.  In
order to mentor you must be an established contributor (regularly
contribute patches).  You must be willing to spend about 5 hours per
week from May 19 to August 18.

I have CCed the 8 most active committers since QEMU 1.5.0 but everyone
is invited.

Official timeline:
https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2014

Stefan