[libvirt] java api bindings for detecting domain events

Claudio Bley cbley at av-test.de
Wed Feb 19 10:46:48 UTC 2014

Am 18.02.2014 18:15, schrieb Avanti Ajay:
> Hi..
>
> I am doing a project in which I need to detect KVM domain events and I
> am using java for my project. On the net I found many patches for the
> libvirt Java API bindings for event detection. Does the latest version
> 0.5 have these patches included

No, not yet. Currently, v2 of these patches[1] was posted for discussion
on this list and will be pushed in a week if nobody objects.

> ie can I use the method
> Domain.domainEventRegisterAny() directly. Also can u please tell me
> exactly how to use this method?

Don't use this method. It won't work.

I'd suggest you checkout the project from the git repo[2], apply the
whole patchset[1] and build the jar yourself. Then have a look at the
JUnit test for domain lifecycle events[3] for a usage example.

If you have any questions, just don't hesitate to ask. Comments are also
welcome.

Claudio

[1]: https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2014-February/msg00823.html
[2]: http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt-java.git;a=summary