[libvirt] Question about building libvirt.so

vikhyath reddy reddy.vikhyath at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 23:14:48 UTC 2014

Hi,

Thanks for libvirt. It is a life saver. I am in the process of writing some
custom wrappers for libvirt so that it can be easily accessed from nodejs
using the nodejs-ffi interfacing (basically describes a way to convert
nodejs to c calls). I did write the wrapper on the lines of the examples
provided. But I am unable to see my new functions in the libvirt.so file
(which nodejs interfacing needs). Which means that my wrappers under
<libvirt>/wrappers/ are not getting into libvirt.so like the ones at
<libvirt>/examples

Can you please guide me as to where I am going wrong? I was able to do a
successful configure + make and I thought this will regenerate the new
libvirt.so (which it does, but I cant see my new wrapper methods in it).

Much appreciated,
Thanks,
vik.