[libvirt] ANNOUNCE: libvirt-glib release 0.1.8

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Feb 21 16:10:14 UTC 2014

I am pleased to announce that a new release of the libvirt-glib package,
version 0.1.8, is now available from

  ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/glib/

The packages are GPG signed with

    Key fingerprint: DAF3 A6FD B26B 6291 2D0E  8E3F BE86 EBB4 1510 4FDF (4096R)

Changes in this release:

  - Add getter/setter for UUID in domain config
  - Remove dead code / unused variables
  - Add missing symbol exports
  - Add support for setting nwfilters in domain config
  - Switch to standard gobject introspection autotools macros
  - Fix typo preventing removal of clock config
  - Add getter/setters for disk driver type
  - Add unit tests based on glib tap harness
  - Add test for validating symbol file exports
  - Add getters for domain graphics config params
  - Add more getters for domain timer config
  - Add support for hpet timer type
  - Fix event loop impl on win32
  - Fix parent class/object of pit timer class
  - Fix misc API doc bugs
  - Add more getters for domain clock config
  - Fix removal of domain CPU feature flags
  - Fix removal of capabilities CPU topology
  - Misc fixes to glib event loop integration

libvirt-glib comprises three distinct libraries:

   - libvirt-glib    - Integrate with the GLib event loop and error handling
   - libvirt-gconfig - Representation of libvirt XML documents as GObjects
   - libvirt-gobject - Mapping of libvirt APIs into the GObject type system

NB: While libvirt aims to be API/ABI stable forever, with libvirt-glib
we are not yet guaranteeing that libvirt-glib libraries are API/ABI
permanently stable. As of the 0.0.8 release, we have tentatively frozen
the API/ABI with the intent of being longterm stable hereafter, but
there is still a small chance we might find flaws requiring an API/ABI
change. The likelihood of this is low, however, and we will strive to
avoid it.

Follow up comments about libvirt-glib should be directed to the regular
libvir-list at redhat.com development list.

Thanks to all the people involved in contributing to this release.