[libvirt] Compiling libvirt RPC client library for QNX

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Feb 25 17:47:35 UTC 2014

On 02/25/2014 09:05 AM, Panday Ritesh Sharma (rpanday) wrote:

>> We are using a wrapper of make for compilation for QNX. So I need to know,
>> when I am compiling this client library on linux with '--without-libvirtd'
>> option, what all .c files and libraries are being used. Then I will take
>> those .c files to my build environment and link that to the libraries
>> needed. I will have to see whether those libraries are present in my QNX
>> build environment. Please helpŠ

That feels awkward.  Does QNX have a POSIX-compatible /bin/sh?  If so,
just unpack the tarball there, and run ./configure on your QNX machine
the same way you do on Linux.

I'm not personally familiar enough with QNX to know what build
environment it provides.  It may also be a situation where people tend
to cross-compile for QNX rather than building natively.  Libvirt
supports cross-compilation (we build mingw client-only binaries under
Fedora, so that setup could be copied for compiling client-only QNX
binaries if you have a qnx cross-compiler on Linux).  But at this point,
you are pioneering new ground with regards to libvirt, and you will
probably have to seek more help from people familiar with QNX
compilation, as this list doesn't have the expertise with your system.
Feel free to post build logs, and we can still try to help decipher
them, but if you hit failures, you will probably have to be the one to
do the legwork to resolve them.

> Hi Eric,
> This time I am writing a the bottom of this thread, is this correct ?

Yes, thanks!