[libvirt] Question about building libvirt.so

vikhyath reddy reddy.vikhyath at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 21:41:58 UTC 2014

> Libvirt can't tell you what the guest is running.  For that, you need
> higher-level software, such as libguestfs.  virt-manager is an example
> of a program that uses libguestfs to probe which OS is running in the
guest.

Awesome! you guys are of so much help. And sorry for top posting.

Ran into something else today, why are calls like

a) virConnectListAllNetworks(...)
b) virConnectListAllStoragePools(...)

return "not supported by connection driver". I am running ESX with
libvirt-1.2.1. But I can use

a) virConnectListStoragePools(...)
b) virConnectListNetworks(...)

without any problems. Do you guys think I have libvirt configured
incorrectly at my end?

Thanks,
Vik.