[libvirt] Libvirt Java Bindings - adding domain event support - pull request

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Feb 27 10:27:34 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 03:47:31AM +0000, Chris Ellis wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm new to this list, I've been making use of the Libvirt Java bindings
> recently.  I wanted to make use of domain events yesterday
> so my application can be alerted when the state of a domain changes etc.

[snip]

> I've put my clone of the libvirt-java git repository on Github, my
> modifications to the Java binding are in a separate branch and
> should be simple to merge.  The changes can be viewed at:
>
>   https://github.com/intrbiz/libvirt-java/compare/master...ce-domain-events
>
> I'm keen to get these enhancements / fixes merged into libvirt-java.  I
> would also like to submit further fixes to race conditions
> in the free() handling.
>
> Any advice / thoughts / comments welcome.

The libvirt java maintenance work had stalled a bit in recent history,
but we've got a new person to take charge of it now. He's got a huge
patch series that is pending merge:

  https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2014-February/msg00823.html

This does some work with events, though I'm not sure if it will be
enough for your needs yet or not. If not I'm sure Claudio will welcome
any help you can provide creating patches for the missing pieces. I
believe he's offline this week though, so you might not get a response
for a little while longer.