[libvirt] FYI: aarch64 test suite failures

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Jan 1 15:34:33 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 01, 2014 at 02:51:30PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> FAIL: sysinfotest
> =================
>
> TEST: sysinfotest
>  1) aarch64 sysinfo                                                   ...
> Offset 0
> Expect [<sysinfo type='smbios'>
> </sysinfo>
> ]
> Actual [<sysinfo type='smbios'>
>   <processor>
>     <entry name='socket_destination'>0</entry>
>     <entry name='type'>AArch64 Processor rev 0 (aarch64) </entry>
>   </processor>
>   <processor>
>     <entry name='socket_destination'>1</entry>
>     <entry name='type'>AArch64 Processor rev 0 (aarch64)</entry>
>   </processor>
> </sysinfo>
> ]
>                                                                       ... FAILED

/proc/cpuinfo is emulated by qemu by intercepting any system call
which tries to open that file.  Under qemu:

  $ cat /proc/sysinfo
  /bin/cat: /proc/sysinfo: No such file or directory
  $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
  Processor			   : AArch64 Processor rev 0 (aarch64)
  processor			   : 0
  BogoMIPS			   : 200.00

  Features			   : fp asimd
  CPU implementer			   : 0x41
  CPU architecture: AArch64
  CPU variant	  : 0x0
  CPU part	  : 0xd00
  CPU revision	  : 0

  Hardware	  : V2P-AARCH64

However my understanding of this test is that it doesn't use
/proc/cpuinfo from the system, but uses the test data from
tests/sysinfodata/aarch64cpuinfo.data, and since it is using fixed
test data, the test output should be identical.

Therefore this appears to be a genuine libvirt bug.  I will post a
patch in a few minutes.

> FAIL: virnetsockettest
>
> TEST: virnetsockettest
> Cannot identify IPv4/6 availability

This one fails because:

  getifaddrs: Address family not supported by protocol

getifaddrs first calls socket(PF_NETLINK, SOCK_RAW, 0) [see netlink(7)].

This seems firmly in the category of qemu emulation failure, so I
think we should ignore it.

Rich.