[libvirt] Add GVirConfigDomainDiskDriver

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Mon Jan 6 09:59:31 UTC 2014

Hey,

On Mon, Jan 06, 2014 at 10:40:49AM +0100, Michal Privoznik wrote:
> It's been a while since the last time I've written something for
> libivrt-glib. So just my two cents: I'd say go with new class esp. if
> there's a chance for attributes to expand. Although, we still have to
> maintain the old APIs to set some driver attributes directly - I guess
> there's no way of deprecating/dropping those APIs right?

They are marked with G_DEPRECATED_FOR in patch 3/4 so that the compiler
warns about uses of the old methods. We still haven't (officially)
committed to API/ABI stability for libvirt-glib, so if we were to do such
breakage at some point, we could remove them at the same time. For now, I
agree it's easier to just keep the old API.

Christophe