[libvirt] New feature discussion: Grouping multiple libvirt's in a "pool"

Ahmed Ossama ahmed at aossama.com
Wed Jan 8 08:29:23 UTC 2014

Greetings All,

I would like to say "Hi" to everyone on the list since this is my first
message.

I have couple of servers running CentOS and Debian with kvm and libvirt
on top. Lately I've been thinking of coordinating them together in a
pool like XenServer groups servers in a "Pool".

I am totally aware that this feature can be achieved by installing
OpenStack or any similar orchestrator on top of libvirt. But I would
like to achieve this feature using libvirt alone as I don't want to
install any stuff above libvirt.

I was also thinking if each libvirt on every server is aware of other
resources (Domains, Storage and Network), this could provide better
support and view to any higher orchestrator utilizing libvirt.

So I am wondering if such feature was discussed previously? And would
like to hear thoughts or concerns about it.

Ahmed Ossama