[libvirt] libvirt on armhf with selinux driver

Ivan Gooten ivanogot at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 23:25:23 UTC 2014

hi,

recently i've been busy with libvirt(d) v1.2.0 and v1.2.1 from GIT on armhf and i see, even
if selinux sec driver is enabled on the configure stage, the driver is
not finally created. i pass these configure parameters:

--with-selinux
--with-secdriver-selinux
--with-selinux-mount=/sys/fs/selinux

the /sys/fs/selinux is valid, selinux is running in permissive mode, got
also libselinux DEV package installed, so no missing req. headers here.

when trying to run libvirtd, i'm getting:

error : virSecurityDriverLookup:78 : unsupported configuration: Security
driver selinux not enabled
error : lxcSecurityInit:1461 : Failed to initialise security drivers
error : virStateInitialize:854 : Initialisation of LXC state driver
failed: unsupported configuration: Security driver selinux not enabled
error : daemonRunStateInit:909 : Driver state initialisation failed

here i provide the configure summary:
http://pastebin.com/un0UnFCP

for me it looks okay, and below is is the sestatus:

SELinux status:                 enabled
SELinuxfs mount:                /sys/fs/selinux
SELinux root directory:         /etc/selinux
Loaded policy name:             default
Current mode:                   permissive
Mode from config file:          permissive
Policy MLS status:              enabled
Policy deny_unknown status:     allowed
Max kernel policy version:      28

the platform is running custom kernel 3.10 with debian testing a.k.a. jessie.
also, my friend with the same configuration on rpi, except for his newer
kernel, is having same stranginess.

someone got any clue what may be causing this and/or howto debug this?

thanks,
ivan gooten