[libvirt] [RFC][scale] new API for querying domains stats

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Fri Jul 4 16:13:32 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Is the same for VDSM. VDSM takes ownership of all the domain on an host,
so all it never does any kind of filtering or consider subsets of any kind.

However, a question here about bulk APIs.
One cornerstone of oVirt is shared storage (NFS, ISCSI...); another is qemu/kvm,
and COW images are supported (probably even the default, need to check).

Due to storage being unavailable because a network outage, it happened that
virDomainGetBlockInfo blocked beyond recover.

On such scenarios, how will a bulk API behave? There will be a timeout or
something else?

--
Francesco Romani
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D