[libvirt] Where to get precompiled qga-vss.dll from ?

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Mon Jul 7 21:57:22 UTC 2014

On 07/07/2014 02:32 AM, Puneet Bakshi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to work with "guest-fsfreeze-*" commands in Windows 2008 guest VM.
> Host is CentOS 6.4.
>
> Windows 2008 is running QEMU VSS provider. When "guest-fsfreeze-*" commands
> are invoked from host, response received is "This is not supported".
>
> I am following
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2013-02/msg01963.html.

The libvirt list is the wrong place to be asking this question; qemu is
better.

The spice-devel list has done some pre-packaged virt stack builds for
Windows; maybe they might be a better resource to ask (for example, see
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2014-February/016100.html)
- but I don't follow that list closely enough to know if they have
pre-built qga.

You could always download the mingw cross-compiler and try to build qga
yourself, instead of relying on someone else to provide a pre-built binary.