[libvirt] LVM Volume Creation

Ravi Samji ravi.samji at fluentsoft.com
Mon Jul 14 13:26:13 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I'm having issue with creating LVM volume via libvirt.
XML of LVM StoragePool is:

    VG01

/dev/VG01

  (existing vg)

XML of create volume in lvm pool is:

    ub_test01.img
    0
    1

When I create the volume with above XML defn, lvs command to list logical
volume shows a value in the origin column indicating it was created as
snapshot.. the strange thing is that the origin volume does not exist..!
something strange going on. You can see the lvs output here See
http://pastebin.com/prk6VqwD [1]
I'd appreciate if you anyone can help me understand what is going on and/or
describe how to make libvirt create logical volumes not as a snapshot.

We are running libvirtd 1.2 with KVM.

Regards,
Ravi

Message sent via Atmail Open - http://atmail.org/