[libvirt] missing libvirt-sock after compile and install libvirt 1.2.6

Yuanzhen Gu yg185 at cs.rutgers.edu
Wed Jul 30 14:55:34 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

I compiled and installed libvirt latest version 1.2.6, based on this
tutorial,

http://blog.scottlowe.org/2012/11/05/compiling-libvirt-1-0-0-on-ubuntu-12-04-and-12-10/

I have compiled qemu and installed too, and make a symbolic link to
/usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64

but my question is even I launch a vm in qemu, $virsh list showed nothing,
further more,

1) if I use virtual machine manager, it get connection failiure, due to
socket to '/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock'; No such file of dirctory.

2). there is missing libvirt-bin under /etc/init.d/,  after compile and
installed libvirt 1.2.6

3). I tried to start libvirtd daemon, sudo  /usr/sbin/libvirtd/start
shows    "/usr/sbin/libvirtd: unexpected, non-option, command line
arguments"

4). I've checked /var/log/libvirt/libvirtd.log
      which shows cannot find suitable emulator for x86_64

I've stuck here for whole afternoon yesterday, any help or suggestion is
highly appreciated, thanks a lot in advance !

Best,
Yuanzhen