[libvirt] Compiling libvirt RPC client library for QNX

Panday Ritesh Sharma (rpanday) rpanday at cisco.com
Sat Mar 1 04:09:00 UTC 2014

On 25/02/14 11:17 PM, "Eric Blake" <eblake at redhat.com> wrote:

>On 02/25/2014 09:05 AM, Panday Ritesh Sharma (rpanday) wrote:
>

>>> We are using a wrapper of make for compilation for QNX. So I need to
>>>know,
>>> when I am compiling this client library on linux with
>>>'--without-libvirtd'
>>> option, what all .c files and libraries are being used. Then I will
>>>take
>>> those .c files to my build environment and link that to the libraries
>>> needed. I will have to see whether those libraries are present in my
>>>QNX
>>> build environment. Please helpŠ
>
>That feels awkward.  Does QNX have a POSIX-compatible /bin/sh?  If so,
>just unpack the tarball there, and run ./configure on your QNX machine
>the same way you do on Linux.
>
>I'm not personally familiar enough with QNX to know what build
>environment it provides.  It may also be a situation where people tend
>to cross-compile for QNX rather than building natively.  Libvirt
>supports cross-compilation (we build mingw client-only binaries under
>Fedora, so that setup could be copied for compiling client-only QNX
>binaries if you have a qnx cross-compiler on Linux).  But at this point,
>you are pioneering new ground with regards to libvirt, and you will
>probably have to seek more help from people familiar with QNX
>compilation, as this list doesn't have the expertise with your system.
>Feel free to post build logs, and we can still try to help decipher
>them, but if you hit failures, you will probably have to be the one to
>do the legwork to resolve them.
>

>> Hi Eric,
>> This time I am writing a the bottom of this thread, is this correct ?
>
>Yes, thanks!
>
>--
>Eric Blake   eblake redhat com    +1-919-301-3266
>Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org

Hi Team,
I am working here with our build infra team to get this library compiled
for QNX. We will not be compiling on QNX-machine but use cross compiler.

While going through 'configure' file, I realised it uses gcc compiler and
links all related libraries. But here internally we use icc compiler for
x86-machines. Do you have a configure file which I can use for icc i.e.;
'icc.10.2.014b'compiler ?

When I tried using 'gcc.c4.2.1-p2' for trial purpose, which is available
to us, I hit the error

=======
checking for gnutls_handshake in -lgnutls... no
configure: error: You must install the GnuTLS library in order to compile
and run libvirt
======

Is there a option in 'configure' file which I can use to bypass this error
?

Regards
Ritesh Sharma