[libvirt] Looking for project ideas and mentors for Google Summer of Code 2014

Christian Benvenuti (benve) benve at cisco.com
Fri Mar 7 00:22:46 UTC 2014

There are only a few days left before the hard deadline (March 10th) but
I wanted to mention one possible project which I think is worth considering:

	Integration of Libvirt and CRIU to allow live-migration
	(and snapshots?) for containers

In [1] you can find more details about the reasons why this feature
would make sense together with a first analysis by Daniel about
what to consider for the design.

I am not applying as a student and I am not offering myself as a mentor (I
do not qualify as a mentor), I Just wanted to point out a possible interesting
(and challenging) project.
I am afraid it would be too challenging for a 12 weeks projects, but I'll let you
decide that.
Having said that, I would be happy to help with the testing and reviews if
needed.

/Chris

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2013-November/msg00055.html