[libvirt] get information about weighted instances

sahid sahid.ferdjaoui at cloudwatt.com
Sun Mar 16 19:23:34 UTC 2014

Greetings,

There is a new field I would like to add in the return of the command
"vcpuinfo" to get the current "cpu shares" of a domain.
The aim is to help managing weighted instances. Avoiding to look at the domain
xml to compare instances.

VCPU:           0
CPU:            3
State:          running
CPU time:       4811.3s
CPU Affinity:   yyyy
CPU Shares:     2048

I would like to know if this solution make sens for the community? and if yes I
could be work on it.

The real aim at the end of this is to add the ability to weight instances in
real time, like we can do with the command "vcpupin". Does it makes sense?

Best,
Sahid.